Safety First in Fun Times!!
Hey DISHIES!!! It's finally friday!! That means the Rice professors are getting trashed at Kelvin Arms, one of DISH'S most loyal fans Sarah's B-Day is tomorrow and tonight is the night to let out our TRI-Curious nature! Yes, we said TRI!! We will have out GU and Bodyglide on hand for viewing.
* If you want to see, head over to the Red Lion in the Fireplace room until 8 tonight. It's for tri-athletes. Crazy kids! You thought we were talking dirty!! It's usually a closed group, but tonight is to get to know some athletes in the area! Go, enjoy, meet a new running buddy! It's happening til 8!
* After mixing with the healthy people, go get your real drink on at the Amalfli at Herman Park. It's their grand opening celebration!That party starts at 7 and goes til 11 or so. There will be food, drinks and spectacular skyline at Houston's most pet friendly address This heated roof top event kicks off at 7PM till 11PM. Benefiting Citizens for Animal Protection. A donation of $10, kitty, puppy, dog or cat food is requested. (don't forget though DISHIES...CAPS is not a humane shelter so to give money to them is giving a pet a home for about a week then they kill it...FYI)
* If you are not into killing animals, you can head over to DiversWorks at 1117 East Freeway. They are installing a new exhabition and performance piece called House of Mind. The installation for House of Mind will be on view during gallery hours. Admission is free and open to the public. It closes Feb 21.
* Looking at art not for you? The perform!! Tonight is Rockstar Karoake at Sammy's! 2016 main street. Here's the kicker about Rockstar Karoake...you are performing with a real band not a tape or computer and you don't have to play air guitar! It's a real band and you!!! Head over around 9 or so and get that party started!
* If you prefer the Opera to rock music that can be arraigned as well, SoVino is the official after party spot for Houston Grand Opera's Opening Nights for Young Professionals. Members receive a complimentary glass of wine after the performance. Valid only for O.N. members during the Opening Night post-performance mixer on 1/30/09. (don't you feel like you've been lawyered??)
* How about getting to be on TV?? Bravo at that!! You can do just that by hitting up Hotel Zaza after 10. Shaun and Bubba are having their "Funky" Cabaret!! FUN FUN FUN!!! BRAVO TV will be there filming the best entertainment in town! So come hang out and support Shaun and Bubba! This show always promises to be over the top! AND IT IS FREE!!!!
WOW! DISH is tired just thinking about all of this...now what to wear...hhhmmm
See you out DISHIES and remember! HAVE A DD or get a cab!